Operator’s License info

To ride a Can-Am roadster, you’ll need to know your local license and registration requirements. Select your state/province to find out more about any specific requirements.

Tell us where you are from:

Operator License needed for QC

Operator license required

  • All you need is a Car or Motorcycle License. With a car license, you must follow the 7-hour, 3-wheel training class to operate a Can-Am roadster.

Can I use the Can-Am Roadster to pass the skills test?

  • Yes, if you do not have a Motorcycle License, you can use the Can-Am roadster to pass the skills test and get your operator license.

Can I obtain a motorcycle learner's permit?

  • No. You can however obtain your 3-wheel motorycle class (6E) by completing a 7-hour training class and owning a valid car license


NOTICE: Laws and regulations are subject to change. Please confirm given information with your local authorities.


Ride without a
motorcycle license
in Quebec!